Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review the following Required Resources:Chapters 7 and 8 of the textbookWhat Makes an Urban Legend? (Links to an external site.)‘Duck Dynasty’ vs. ‘Modern Family’: 50 Maps of the U.S. Cultural Divide (Links to an external site.)Note: Should a pay requestor pop up indicating that you have exceeded your quota of article viewing, simply access the resource after switching your browser to InPrivate mode (IE browser), Private mode (Firefox browser), or Incognito mode (Chrome browser).Choose one of the following two options to address in this discussion. Be sure that your initial post meets the full length requirement of 300 words, and that you incorporate at least two of this week’s required resources in your post, one of which should be the textbook. Include citations and a full reference to your chosen sources. (See the Required Resources page for all references in APA format).Option 1: Read What Makes an Urban Legend? (Links to an external site.) and address the following:In what ways have urban legends adapted over time, both in terms of the content of urban legends and the way in which the spread over time?What urban legends, folklore, or scary supernatural tales do you remember hearing about as a child?What kinds of urban legends have you encountered as an adult?How many counterintuitive elements exist in the urban legends and other tales that you have encountered?What strong emotions are evoked by these tales?Are there elements to these stories that deal with death and survival or both?What do you think urban legends will look like in the future?Option 2: According to the maps in ‘Duck Dynasty’ vs. ‘Modern Family’: 50 Maps of the U.S. Cultural Divide (Links to an external site.) Scroll to the end of the article and enter your zip code, then address the following:What kind of television is most popular where you live? Which shows are most and least popular where you live? Do your own preferences line up with what is popular in your area?On the list of 50 shows, are there any shows that you are unfamiliar with, and if so, why might this be?What do our television preferences say about us as individuals and also about our regional cultures?What cultural divides are illustrated in the maps in this article?How does our consumption of media today differ from the 1960s and 70s, when television was “the great unifier”?What benefits and drawbacks are there to the wide variety of television shows and diverse casts that we have available today?
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.