(4-6) page paperQuoting : (Harvey, p. 16) Source List: Michael Harvey. 2013. The Nuts & Bolts of College Writing. p. 1. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=http://searc…
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Assault, Battery, and Crimes against Persons
Review the following scenario in order to complete this assignment:
(A) Is walking to towards her car in the shopping mall parking lot when a man suddenly
jumps in front of her, points a knife in her face, and demands her purse. The attacker
strikes (A) and rips the handle of her purse. Fortunately, (A) took a self-defense class and
hits the attacker with her knee and fists, keeps her purse, and runs to safety.
(4-6) page paper in which you:
• Compare and contrast the key similarities and differences between the crime of assault with a
deadly weapon and the crime of felonious and aggravated battery. Provide one (1) example of
each crime to support your response.
• Determine whether or not the jurisdiction in which the crime has occurred should consider the
man’s actions as assault. Next, determine whether or not the jurisdiction should punish the man’s
actions as battery. Justify your response.
• Suggest one (1) different fact pattern that would change the scenario from felonious and
aggravated assault and / or battery to simple assault. Support the validity of your respons
Consider the following change to the scenario. (A) is forced at knifepoint into her car and made
to drive the suspect away from the mall, where they encounter a police roadblock. (A) is not
allowed to leave the car, despite the police negotiator’s demand that she be allowed to exit the
1. Discuss the crime of kidnapping. Next, debate whether or not the suggested change in
Question 3 would allow the court to convict the attacker for the crime of kidnapping.
Provide a rationale to support your response.
2. Differentiate between the crimes of hostage taking and kidnapping. Support or critique
the notion that one of the two crimes is more serious than the other. Justify your response.
Consider the following change to the scenario. (A) and the attacker are romantically linked and
are having an argument in the shopping mall parking lot. (A) pulls a knife from her purse and
swings it at the attacker.
1. Debate whether or not (A)’s action would require the attacker to defend himself. Provide
a rationale to support your response.
2. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and
similar types of websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Quoting : (Harvey, p. 16)
Michael Harvey. 2013. The Nuts & Bolts of College Writing. p. 1.
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.