Police officers are faced with ethical dilemmas on a daily basis. These dilemmas can range from accepting a free cup of coffee from a business owner to being offered a bribe by a suspect. In some situations, officers have to make a decision in haste that could affect the rest of their career and personal life. Undercover officers face additional ethical dilemmas due to the nature of undercover work. It is crucial that officers are educated about and reminded from time to time of the Oath they took when hired.Police officers have a code of ethics they agree to uphold when they are sworn in. The IACP has a code of ethics that law enforcement agencies have adopted. This organization also encourages on-going ethics training.Your task for this assignment is to address the following issues:Are there any changes you would make to the IACP Oath? Why or why not?Compare and contrast the IACP Oath and the oath of any police department in the United States. Does media coverage of police officer corruption over-simplify the ethical dilemmas police officers face on a daily basis? Discuss what “entitlement” means and how it can affect the officers in your department.Evaluate why many police departments ignore “entitlement” and focus more on other unethical behaviors during ethics training.Discuss some solutions that your department can institute to ensure the officers understand the ethical dilemmas “entitlement” poses for the police department and the careers of the officers.-Cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
South University Police Officers and Ethical Dilemmas Discussion
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.