1Synthetic chromosomes, Transcriptomes, and Patents on BRCA genes”This week is all about our DNA and genes. For your primary post, respond to one of the following three topics. Also, please reply to at least one fellow student on any topic. Topic 1 [videos]: Its parent was a computer file. Watch the short video about organism with the synthetic chromosome that was created at the Craig Venter Institute (1)* and the video about the “streamlined” version that organism(2)*. Subsequently, answer the following:(a) How does the DNA in the synthetic organisms differ from DNA in naturally-occurring microorganisms?(b) What do you think we’ve learned from these experiments?(c) In your opinion, what are the inherent risks of this research to human health or to the environment, if any?Topic 2 [article]: Transcriptomes. The complete set of all DNA in a cell is called the genome. The complete set of all the mRNA in a cell is called the transcriptome. Read the following article about the transcriptome (1)*, then address the following:(a) What does the transcriptome tell us that we can’t get from the genome? (b) Explain how this concept relates to our lesson on gene expression from Chapter 7.References (in Strayer Writing Standards format).Associated Press, May 20, 2010. Scientists make synthetic cell using manmade DNA., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyAOepIU6uoNewsy Science, March 25, 2016. Synthetic life has been streamlined and is ready to be put to work., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saaWTiQie0MNational Human Genome Research Institute, August 27, 2015, Transcriptome, https://www.genome.gov/13014330/transcriptome-fact-sheet/
s. For your primary post, respond to one of the following three topics.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.