******* please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 ********** The hypothesis is “a testable statement of a relationship; an epidemiologic hypothesis is the relationship between the exposure (person, time, and/or place) and the occurrence of a disease or condition” (Grand Canyon University, 2018, para 9). In healthcare, there are always questions being asked about how to improve quality of care. These questions are the first step in research to form the question that defines the hypothesis. The hypothesis is a forecast of what will occur between variables the independent and the dependent variable. The hypothesis identifies both variables; data is collected based on these, the research process shows connection or relationship but does not prove causation. An example of a hypothesis is the health benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) oil in patients with lupus. There is no study to prove or disprove the benefits to lupus patients of taking CBD oil. The null for this hypothesis is the patients with lupus who take CBD oils have less pain and fatigue. The alternative hypothesis would state that patients with lupus do not experience any changes in symptoms with the use of CBD oils. Another example is neurologic music therapy training for patients with Parkinson’s disease. The hypothesis is the music will help improve the stability and mobility of the patient with Parkinson’s disease. The null for this hypothesis is there is no change in stability or mobility when the patient with Parkinson’s disease listens to music while walking. The p-values were higher than 0.05 in the two groups without music, with music the p-values changed to <0.05 the null hypothesis is rejected because there is a statistically significant difference between the two groups (Bukowska, Krężałek, Mirek, Bujas & Marchewka, 2016). Evidence-based practice is used for problem-solving questions in health care about safe practices. The systematic approach to identifying the most pertinent evidence to implement change that will improve patient safety and the care of the patient requires the nurse to use critical thinking and an understanding of how to apply statistical data to nursing skills and patient care (Grand Canyon University, 2018). ReferencesBukowska, A. A., Krężałek, P., Mirek, E., Bujas, P., & Marchewka, A. (2016). Neurologic Music Therapy Training for Mobility and Stability Rehabilitation with Parkinson's Disease - A Pilot Study. Frontiers in human neuroscience, 9, 710. doi:10.3389/fnhum.2015.00710Grand Canyon University (Ed). (2018). Applied statistics for health care. Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/hlt362v/applied-statistics...
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.