******** please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 **********According to NANDA International, “A medical diagnosis deals with disease or medical condition. A nursing diagnosis deals with human response to actual or potential health problems and life processes. For example, a medical diagnosis of Cerebrovascular Attack (CVA or Stroke) provides information about the patient’s pathology. The complimentary nursing diagnoses of Impaired verbal communication, risk for falls, interrupted family processes and powerlessness provide a more holistic understanding of the impact of that stroke on this particular patient and his family – they also direct nursing interventions to obtain patient-specific outcomes” (NANDA, n.d.)A medical practice problem would be a problem defined by a medical intervention, diagnosis or treatment. Such as, whether or not treating patients with surgical intervention versus conservative intervention for a clavicle fracture has an improved outcome with less down time for the affected extremity post traumatic injury in the post-acute phase of care. A nursing practice problem is a problem that pertains to providing “patients with safe, quality care, and to improve outcomes” (Helbig, 2018). The nurse can use the PICOT question development to help formulate a question to be answered with research. “The question can be associated with either a quality improvement project or lead to evidence-based practice (EBP)” (Helbig, 2018). An example of a nursing practice problem would be: Do the use of Nozin nasal swabs and hibeclenz baths daily on patients with central lines decrease the number of central line infections in the acute care setting?It is important to know the difference between the two, as nurses can affect many variables in the patients care, however they must remain in their scope of practice. There is a lot of research out there to decipher between what is useful and what is not and determining this for the PICOT question being asked for the research needed and not to lose sight of the goal. Research can be overwhelming and often by reading the abstract for clarification it can allow you to see if this is the type of article that would fall in the nursing scope of practice or not. Nurses are not licensed to diagnosis patients and decide the needed course of medical care. However, they can provide EBP to best determine the practice of how to complete the ordered care for the patient to improve patient outcomes.References:Helbig, J. (2018). History and Process of Nursing Research, Evidence-Based Nursing Practice, and Quantitative and Qualitative Research Process. Nursing Research: Understanding Methods for Best Practice. Grand Canyon University Education. Retrieved from: https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs433v/nursing-research-understanding-methods-for-best-practice/v1.1/#/chapter/1NANDA International. (n.d.). What is the difference between a medical diagnosis and a nursing diagnosis? NANDA International Inc. Retrieved from: http://kb.nanda.org/article/AA-00266/0/What-is-the-difference-between-a-medical-diagnosis-and-a-nursing-diagnosis-.html
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.