***2/3 page writtenStep 1: Case ScenarioRead the following case first; then proceed to the next steps.You are a teacher in a small rural community. The student population of your district is 80% white, and students of color have only recently become a permanent part of the community. Some of the minority student’s families have moved into the district and others are part of your school because of open enrollment that allows students living in other districts to attend.Crystal (a Hispanic student) who is a sophomore in your class asks if she can speak with you after school. She reports to you that in her social studies class they were having a class discussion about immigration policy, and several students made disparaging remarks about people from Central America who were trying to immigrate into the country. Crystal’s family immigrated into the country only 4 years ago and she knows of families who are currently trying to immigrate as well. She says that the teacher laughed as some students offered stereotypes about people of Hispanic origin. Crystal points out that she hears these types of comments in the halls, but this time it was happening in the classroom and she felt both uncomfortable and embarrassed.Step 2: Reflection PartThink about the following:As a teacher, what do you say to Crystal?Do you address this issue with Crystal’s social studies teacher?After you have thought through your position on this scenario, apply your thinking to this week’s philosopher and complete Step 3 – the writing part of this assignment.Step 3: Writing PartPlato and a colleague have overheard the overtly racist comments made by students to Crystal outside of a just concluded class. In a previous conversation with the colleague, Plato was told that as long as the students don’t use that kind of language in your classroom, it is best to ignore it as “they don’t mean anything by it.”In 2-3 pages, explain how you think Plato’s philosophy could be relevant to this situation and how it could address the issue. Support your analysis with quotes or paraphrases from Plato’s philosophy. Use APA format and citation when writing your assignment.Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
Rasmussen College Crystal Racial Diversity in the Classroom Case Study
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.