PurposeThis week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).CO 1 – Utilize prior knowledge of theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to explain expected client behaviors, while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO 1)CO 4 – Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO 3)DiscussionA 10-year-old child named Elizabeth is brought into the emergency department by her mother. The mother appears anxious but sits quietly next to her daughter in the waiting room. When called into the triage area, the mother gives a history of coming home from work to find Elizabeth sitting on the couch watching television. Elizabeth did not go to the door to greet her or look toward her when she said hello. The mother thought the daughter’s behavior was odd because she always greeted her at the door with a hug. As she approached Elizabeth, she noticed that she was clutching her right arm as if in pain. The mother asked what was wrong, but Elizabeth remained silent. Then she said “Nothing is wrong.” The father is sleeping upstairs. The mother gives a family history of having an alcoholic husband who usually drinks himself to sleep. She said he has abused Elizabeth physically and psychologically in the past, and she brought her to the emergency room because she fears he has hurt her. When Elizabeth is asked about the abuse she appears scared, insecure, and withdrawn.What considerations should be made by the nurse, to provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for the interview and assessment of this client who has experienced domestic abuse?In your response, include some special considerations that should be taken when interviewing a child.
NUR3069 University of Chamberlain Week 5: Assessing for Family Violence
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.