Professor and Classmates,For this discussion I would like to discuss the role of the school nurse. In reading this chapter I developed a greater appreciation for school nurses. I have always respected their presence in the school system, however I was not aware of the extent of care that they provide on a daily basis. I discovered in the reading that a large majority of the children in schools do not have health care. In 2012 2.9 million Caucasians, 2.7 million Hispanics, 1 million Blacks, and 306, 000 Asians children in our school systems were without health insurance. Increasing numbers of children are being seen in the school setting because they lack a source of regular medical care (Children’s Defense Fund, (2014). Health care provided in schools includes preventive services such as immunizations and health screenings. This component of a comprehensive school health program may also involve emergency care, management of acute and chronic health conditions, appropriate referrals, health counseling, education about healthy lifestyles, and medication administration ( Nies, M. A. & McEwen, M. ,2019). The role of the school nurse can be very challenging at times. (Links to an external site.) I would say that a school nurse operates in primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention. In the primary stage, she or he would be giving vaccination to prevent illness and making sure that all children that are within the school system have proper documentation of vaccinations. In the secondary stage, they would promote prompt treatment of illness, like recognizing that a child may have the flu or stomach virus and sending them out for treatment or further evaluation. An example in the tertiary stage would be like maintaining an asthmatic child’s care by providing the inhaler to the child twice a day to prevent an asthma attack. Children’s Defense Fund. Child poverty in America 2014: state analysis. 2014 Available at. http://www.childrensdefense.org/library/poverty-report/child-poverty-in-america-2014-1.pdf (Links to an external site.).Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2015). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.