******* please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 ********One nursing problem that I have examined in nursing is patients falling in the hospital. Many patients have risk factors for falling such as medications they take, confusion, dementia, cluttered floors, poor use of foot wear such as patients not wearing nonskid slippers/socks, spills on the floor that are not cleaned up, history of falls, IV lines, poor lighting in the rooms, or age. “Falls occur at a rate of 3-5 per 1000 bed-days” (PSNET, 2019). Not only that but “more than one-third of in-hospital falls result in injury, including serious injuring such as fractures and head trauma” (PSNET, 2019). With this being said, preventing falls in all settings should be studied because as falls are unexpected they create more problems than what the patient came in for. Given this information, falls should be studied more on how to prevent them. It first starts off with the assessment of the patient. The nurse should perform a thorough assessment of the patient and assess any risk factors that the patient has for falls. Although all patients are at risk for falls in the hospital, there are certain patients who have more identified risk factors that place them at greater risk for falls. A fall prevention program should be implemented on the first the day the patient is admitted onto the unit (PSNET, 2019). A fall prevention program should include interventions such as, placing the patient close to the nursing station, educating on side effects of medications that cause dizziness or hypotension, placing bed alarms, and placing the bed in the lowest position (PSNET, 2019). These interventions along with proper footwear, clutter free rooms, and proper assessment of the patient are important in discussing this problem as falls further create additional injuries to the patient.PSNET. Falls. (2019)https://psnet.ahrq.gov/primers/primer/40/falls
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.