1.In “Low Interest Rates,” Stanley Fischer outlines several reasons why we might be concerned about a persistently low natural rate of interest.(250 words) Define the natural rate of interestExplain how it is used in monetary policyDiscuss the reasons why Fischer is concerned that it has been persistently low 2.In “Where the Newly Created Money Went,” David Price explains the concerns that some economists in the Federal Reserve have about the volume of excess reserves that were created in response to the financial crisis.(250 words) What is the issue of high excess reserves?What could go wrong in the economy because the monetary base was increased so dramatically?Should we be concerned about inflation resulting from such a large increase in the monetary base? 3.Go to the web site of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (FRED) (fred.stlouisfed.org) and find the most recent values for the M1 Money Stock (M1SL) and the St. Louis Adjusted Monetary Base (AMBSL). Using these data, calculate the value of the money multiplierAssuming that the multiplier is equal to the value computed in part (a), if the monetary base increases by $400 million, by how much will the money supply increase?Is this consistent with what you would have expected?Explain
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.