1. What is the diagnosis? What is the pathophysiology of the diagnosis
2. Explain the pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions that would be appropriate for this patient. For the pharmacologics, provide an indepth review of the kinetics and dynamics that are important for treatment.
3. Identify the resources currently available in your state and location to support this family in the care of this child, including assistance programs for costs of health care follow-up and pharmaceutical treatment agents.
4. Create a communication plan (NOT just a treatment plan) for mother and child for both prescriptive and non-prescriptive drug therapies.
5. Use professional and academic references in correct format. All facts of uncommon knowledge should be supported by citations from literature. Literature sources should be professional focused, not patient focused. Sources such as WebMD, MedicineNet, and web pages for consumers will not be accepted.
Needs to be 5 pages
If the patient needs a prescription, you must also include a legally correct prescription. Include this as an appendix (does not count as content pages)
Topic: Respiratory Issues Complicated by Economic Disadvantage
A mother brings her 8-year-old child to the clinic, stating the child “just isn’t breathing right, doesn’t want to play, just lies on the couch — this happens all the time.”
The appearance of both mother and child is disheveled. The child’s wheezing can be heard across the room. When asked if the child is better at any certain time of the day, the mother responds, “It’s like this all the time and has been for the past year — we saw a doctor last year who diagnosed asthma but we don’t have any money for drugs or to come back to the clinic.”
Identify the resources currently available in your state to support this family in the care of this child, including assistance programs for costs of health care follow-up and pharmaceutical treatment agents.
Create a communication plan for mother and child for both prescriptive and non-prescriptive drug therapies.