15 pages in length and in APA format, will involve doing a primary researchproject on a topic relevant to Asian American Psychology. The paper integratesthe course content with a psychological topic of interest. Include historical/cultural context, psychological question or concern, bibliography of at least 5 books and 5 journal articles (15 years or less).
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Mental health impact concerning asian americans vs latino americans through cultural and
environmental influences- severities and treatments
15 pages in length and in APA format, will involve doing a primary research
project on a topic relevant to Asian American Psychology. The paper integrates
the course content with a psychological topic of interest. Include historical/cultural
context, psychological question or concern, bibliography of at least 5 books
and 5 journal articles (15 years or less).
what are the treatments? How can we prevent this?
– Change help seeking behavior -from shame and stigma
– Improve research- disaggregate current research discluding subgroups- prevalence and
– How severe is it among population- dependent on gender, age, community
Journals on asian american
1. Factors influencing the underutilization of mental health services among Asian American
women with a history of depression and suicide. Astraea Augsberger, Albert Yeung,
Meaghan Dougher and Hyeouk Chris Hahm
2. Kramer, E. J., Kwong, K., Lee, E., & Chung, H. (2002). Cultural factors influencing the
mental health of Asian Americans. The Western journal of medicine, 176( 4), 227-31.
3. Iwamoto, D. K., & Liu, W. M. (2010). The impact of racial identity, ethnic identity,
Asian values, and race-related stress on Asian Americans and Asian international college
students’ psychological well-being. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 57( 1), 79-91.
4. Leung R, Li J (2015) Using social media to address Asian immigrants’ mental health
needs: A systematic literature review. Journal of Nature and Science, 1(4):e66.
5. Nguyen, D., PhD., & Bornheimer, L. A., M.S. (2014). Mental health service use types
among asian americans with a psychiatric disorder: Considerations of culture and need.
The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 41(4), 520-528.
Books on asian american:
1. Uhm S.Y. (2014) Mental Illness from an Asian American Perspective. In: Davis J.,
D’Amato R. (eds) Neuropsychology of Asians and Asian-Americans. Issues of Diversity
in Clinical Neuropsychology. Springer, New York, NY
2. Chun K.M., Akutsu P.D. (2009) Assessing Asian American Family Acculturation in
Clinical Settings: Guidelines and Recommendations for Mental Health Professionals. In:
Trinh NH., Rho Y.C., Lu F.G., Sanders K.M. (eds) Handbook of Mental Health and
Acculturation in Asian American Families. Current Clinical Psychiatry. Humana Press
3. Yano, C. R., & Akatsuka, N. K. A. (Eds.). (2018). Straight a’s : Asian american college
students in their own words. Retrieved from https://electra.lmu.edu:2110
4. Grey, H., & Hall-Clark, B. N. (Eds.). (2015). Cultural considerations in asian and pacific
islander american mental health. Retrieved from https://electra.lmu.edu:2110
5. Handbook of Asian American Health edited by Grace J. Yoo, Mai-Nhung Le, Alan Y.
Journals on asian and latino american:
Jennifer Abe-Kim, et al. “Use of Mental Health–Related Services Among Immigrant and US-Born Asian Americans:
Results From the National Latino and Asian American Study”, American Journal of Public Health 97, no. 1 (January
1, 2007): pp. 91-98.
Hwang, W.-C., & Goto, S. (2008). The impact of perceived racial discrimination on the mental health
of Asian American and Latino college students. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology,
14( 4), 326-335.
Alegría, Margarita, et al. “Correlates of Past-Year Mental Health Service use among Latinos: Results
from the National Latino and Asian American Study.” American Journal of Public Health 97.1 (2007):
76-83. ProQuest. Web. 25 Apr. 2019.
Cochran, Susan D., et al. “Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders among Latino and Asian
American Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Adults.” Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, vol. 75, no.
5, Oct. 2007, pp. 785–794. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1037/0022-006X.75.5.785.
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.