A 38-year-old male had a 3-week history of fatigue and lethargy with intermittent complaints of headache, fever, chills, myalgia, and arthralgia. According to the history, the patient’s symptoms began shortly after a camping vacation. He recalled a bug bite and rash on his thigh immediately after the trip. The following studies were ordered: Studies Results Lyme disease test, Elevated IgM antibody titers against Borrelia burgdorferi (normal: low) Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), 30 mm/hour (normal: ≤15 mm/hour) Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), 32 units/L (normal: 8-20 units/L) Hemoglobin (Hgb), 12 g/dL (normal: 14-18 g/dL) Hematocrit (Hct), 36% (normal: 42%-52%) Rheumatoid factor (RF), Negative (normal: negative) Antinuclear antibodies (ANA), Negative (normal: negative) Diagnostic Analysis Based on the patient’s history of camping in the woods and an insect bite and rash on the thigh, Lyme disease was suspected. Early in the course of this disease, testing for specific immunoglobulin (Ig) M antibodies against B. burgdorferi is the most helpful in diagnosing Lyme disease. An elevated ESR, increased AST levels, and mild anemia are frequently seen early in this disease. RF and ANA abnormalities are usually absent. Critical Thinking Questions 1. What is the cardinal sign of Lyme disease? (always on the boards) 2. At what stages of Lyme disease are the IgG and IgM antibodies elevated? 3. Why was the ESR elevated? 4. What is the Therapeutic goal for Lyme Disease and what is the recommended treatment.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.