Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 2 and Chapter 3 in Correctional Leadership Competencies for the 21st Century (2014), and the Oklahoma Deputy Who Killed Unarmed Man Thought He Was Firing Taser, Authorities Say (Links to an external site.) (Holley, 2015), Oklahoma Investigates Tulsa Sheriff’s Department After Killing of Unarmed Man (Links to an external site.) (Queally, 2015), and Tulsa Sheriff to Resign Over Killing by Deputy (Links to an external site.) (Krehbiel-Burton & Perez-Pena, 2015) online news articles. View the news video and read the accompanying article Tulsa County Sheriff Indicted, Resigns in Wake of Fatal Shooting by Deputy (Links to an external site.)(2015), and view the Keynote Ethics Speech from Dr. Bruce Weinstein, The Ethics Guy (Links to an external site.) (2010) video. In addition to these required resources, research at least two additional scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources in the Ashford University Library that apply to the topic. (Access the MSCJ Professional Sources guide for assistance with finding appropriate resources. The Ashford University Library provides additional definitions (Links to an external site.) of these resource types.) The following scenario will be used as the basis for this assignment. Carefully review it before beginning your work.A Death in Tulsa CountyFor this assignment, evaluate the concepts of self-awareness, ethics, and values in terms of the following criteria:Determine whether or not these concepts were practiced in the Tulsa County, Oklahoma Sheriff’s Office.Select two leadership practices using Exhibit 2-4: Leadership Practices Inventory on page 33 in Chapter 2 required for this week.Evaluate to what degree these two practices were being utilized in the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office.Evaluate the ethical issues related to the responses from both the reserve deputy and the sheriff regarding this incident.Based on this evaluation, describe one pillar of character each you believe the sheriff and the deputy exhibited well and one pillar of character you believe eachwas lacking using Exhibit 3-2: Six Pillars of Character is included on page 55 in Chapter 3 required for this week.Analyze how the sheriff and the deputy should consider the concepts of self-awareness, ethics, and values as they pertain to ethical leadership in law enforcement.Examine how employment law may have affected ethics and leadership in the sheriff’s actions.The Self-Awareness, Ethics, and Values Paper:Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).Must include a separate title page with the following:Title of paperStudent’s nameCourse name and numberInstructor’s nameDate submittedMust use at least two scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library in addition to the course text.
CRJ630 Ashford Tulsa County Oklahoma Sheriff Office Self Awareness Ethics & Values Discussion
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.