3. Select and Read 2 of the following chapters and write a 4 page summary:Exploring Parental Involvement, MorenoChicana Teen Mothers, Valdez“Let’s Unite so that our Children are Better off than us,” OchoaI WILL GIVE YOU THE LINK TO MY EBOOK AFTER I CHOOSE A TUTORFor your summaries, write a 4-page summary of each pair of chapters assigned below. You must read each chapter and summarize them in one, 4-page paper. I DO NOT WANT A DETAILED ACCOUNT OF EVERYTHING THE AUTHOR IS SAYING. This is not an exercise in how well you can repeat every detail. This is an exercise in being able to identify principle, key points in a 20 – 30 page scholarly sociological paper (which is essentially what each of your assigned readings are), critically analyze them, and communicate your findings.I offer here some suggestions. Read the introduction and the conclusion first. These tell you essentially what the author is trying to prove in that chapter. You can make your outline for each chapter’s summary off of these. Then, carefully read the chapters. As you read the chapters, make sure to take notes relevant for each of the things that were mentioned in the introduction or conclusion. Where there is a footnote or endnote, read the footnote or endnote. In many cases in historical writings, the footnotes/endnotes offer additional critical author’s notes and/or comments on the topic, or tell you the source of the information.Have you ever heard the saying “consider the source”? It is referring to when someone makes an allegation, you must consider the particular experience, condition or situation or possible ulterior motivations that might lead that person to make those allegations. Someone never exposed to Mexican culture might make certain comments that might not sound offensive to them, but which would be an offensive stereotype to a Mexican. You can put whatever race/ethnicity you choose in place of Mexican. An ex-girlfriend or boyfriend tells the young bride- or groom-to-be nasty things about their fiancé. Who is making those allegations and why? If it is a government report, what led to that government report? Doesn’t the government have enough things to worry about than to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a report? Somehow someone thought it was an important enough undertaking, and pushed for it to get done. WHY? Was there political pressure to look into that issue? From whom? Other politicians? Who was pushing them? Business? Community groups? Labor unions? Human rights groups? Of course, I don’t expect you to actually do all of this research, but I do expect you to ask the questions!Take notes of any interesting findings. After you read the chapter, you should have sufficient notes to write a critical analysis of the chapter. When you sit down to write your summary, the format of the critique should be like this page, you may use MLA format, double-spaced, 1″ margins, and the font should be either 10 – 12 point Times or 10 – 12 point Courier.The paper should be arranged as follows:1/2 page Introduction1 1/2 page summary chapter for first chapter1 1/2 page for second chapter1/2 page conclusionIntroduction: in the first paragraph tell me the title of the chapter, name of the author, and the title of the book. (Titles of articles or chapters of books have “Quotation Marks” around them, titles of books, magazines, or newspapers are Italicized). Then, devote 3-4 paragraphs per chapter, 4-5 sentences per paragraph. For example:”Temples of Doom” is an article written by Heather Pringle. The article was published in the March, 1999 issue of Discover Magazine.(in your case you would put the title of the chapter in quotes, and of course they will all be from the assigned text).Also in the first paragraph tell me what the theme of the chapter is, what it claims to prove or disprove. “In this chapter the author is trying to prove that…”For example:In this article Ms. Pringle claims to show that new evidence has been discovered that helps to prove the occurrence of human sacrifice among the Moche culture in the Andean region of South America.In the second paragraph you can then go on to tell me what the article/chapter says. For example:Ms. Pringle states in this article that up until now there had been little or no physical evidence of human sacrifice in the Americas, aside from the accounts of the Spaniards. But she says that recent discoveries have been made that apparently prove that this did in fact exist among the Moche civilization. The Moche culture existed before the Inca civilization in the area of Peru’s northern coastal desert. This civilization flourished from around 100 – 800 AD. (and so on– basically give me a summary of the chapter here- stick only to essential elements to summarize the argument of the chapter, not every detail!).The third paragraph should be a summary of the evidence that is used in the argument. For example:Among the evidence that Ms. Pringle cites for her conclusions are the bones that were found under the plaza of the Pyramid of the Moon located southeast of the town of Trujillo, Peru, near the Cerro Blanco. Some of these bones have what appears to be knife marks that the researchers claim are evidence that these people had their throats slit. (again, make sure you are looking at evidence directly related to the author’s principal argument in the chapter).The next paragraph should be your analysis of the chapter and what it claims to prove. For example:In reality, none of these “new discoveries” really prove anything. First of all, there is no way of knowing how a person died just by examining bones, especially bones that are fifteen hundred (1,500) years old. Not only that, but the marks on the bones could just as easily have been made after the person was dead. Further, Ms. Pringle begins the article with a story from a Spanish chronicler who claims to have witnessed human sacrifice, and uses Meso-American codices as graphics to accompany the article. This misleads the reader into believing that the article is talking about the Aztecs, when it is not. This is type of “reporting that continues to perpetuate the unproven allegation that there was widespread human sacrifice among the Aztecs.Dispute the evidence, question it, or agree with it, but tell me why, to the best of your knowledge and ability here. Repeat for each of the chapters in the group.Finally, in the last paragraph, you are going to give me your opinion. Was the article interesting or boring, and why? What did you like or not like about them? Were they well written, easy or hard to read, confusing, did it make sense? You can use examples from the article and put these in quotation marks here. Finally, tell me whether you were convinced by the arguments the author was making.Chapter/article summaries from the book Chicanas and Chicanos in Contemporary Society are due in this order:CHAPTER SUMMARY GRADING RUBRICIDENTIFYING INFORMATION:Name (your information)Chicano Studies 002 Section/Class NumberDue DateAssignment Name (Chapter Summary X)Assignment begins, no more than 8 lines down from where your name is. Please note, the paper must: 1) be on time, 2) have the proper identifying information as shown above, and 3) be in the proper format: ie 1” margins all the way around, have similar size and style font as this (11 point Times New Roman) and meet the minimum length requirements. Please do not include a bibliography, cover page, or table of contents. They will be graded first on this format. You will be given 2 points for each of the following to begin:Identifying Information and Formatting: Identifying information as shown above (including assignment name and title of book), and proper 1” margins (2 pts)Writing Proficiency: Each full page of narrative (2 pts)IF you have 4 full pages of narrative, this will give you 10 points TO BEGIN WITH. Fromthat point on I will begin to look carefully at the following criteria in your paper, in this order, and deduct the points below if the paper does not meet the following:Proper Introduction includes at minimum: the title of the book, the name(s) of the author(s), and title of the individual articles being summarized. (2 pts)The Body must include: a summary of each article/chapter in the group, a general analysis/critique of the work: includes a summary of the evidence and an analysis of the article and what it claims to prove. (2 pts) Conclusion: synthesis of your opinion of the work. (2 pts)Spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax, etc. (2 pts)
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.